Very often, users, for one reason or another, want to get rid of running the Edge browser, which is the latest creation of Windows for web surfing. Ordinary attempts to do something about it in 99% of cases will fail. The Internet browser Edge will stubbornly pop up where it should and should not. So can something be done about it? How to get Edge to start? This requires a secure block Edge. And for there is a special free utility – Edge Blocker. We will talk about this below.
Block Microsoft Edge
Today, among the standard and reliable tools for browsing the web in Windows 10 and 11 is the Microsoft Edge browser. Users have long been accustomed to the fact that in the environment of this operating system, you can do almost anything and achieve any tasks. But when seemingly simple tasks arise, some insurmountable obstacles arise. Microsoft itself wants Edge to be used by default anywhere and anytime. Even with a standard first launch and surfing the web or reading PDF files offered by this browser. And very often, for some users, blocking Microsoft Edge is one of the difficult but very important tasks. Thanks to the free and portable Edge Blocker utility, you can completely disable the launch of this browser from Microsoft.
Block Edge Browser
Using the free Edge Blocker app, you can completely block the Edge browser and auto-start it. This software starts immediately after downloading and unpacking. It does not need to be installed! The utility works on all modern versions of Windows, from 7 to 11 at the time of writing.
The interface is as simple as possible. The main on and off indicator will either be active or inactive. You will always be aware of blocked and unblocked Edge at this moment. The interactive part of the utility consists of two main buttons: Block and Unblock. Accordingly, the first one blocks the work and launch of Edge, the other cancels the blocking. With one click, all the processes of stopping / starting and blocking / canceling the browser are achieved in a few seconds. In addition, there are a couple of additional features: this is the addition of an Internet Explorer (IE) shortcut to desktop as a replacement for Edge and access default apps (in order to choose a browser over Microsoft Edge).
In addition, you can see the available options. Open command prompt (Win+R) and type: EdgeBlock_x64.exe /? or EdgeBlock.exe /? depending on the version of Windows and you will get all the information. If the Edge browser is already running, Edge Blocker will forcibly close the Edge browser.
Download Edge Blocker
In order to use this utility, all that remains is to download Edge Blocker and run it on your personal computer or any other device with Windows preinstalled. This can be done from the download area using links to the developer’s official page. The rest is a matter of technique.
- Tray programsPrograms running on a PC may be in the tray. More or less experienced users have probably heard about it. Tray …
- How science fiction influences the development of computer and digital technologiesScience fiction is a genre of literature and cinema that inspires mankind to explore uncharted horizons and fantasy worlds. However, in …
- DesktopOK helps you change the size of your desktop iconsWorking behind the screen of our PC, very often we have to deal with various kinds of tasks. In particular, with …
- How to choose an editor program for office workProgram editors for office work are tools for creating and editing text documents, spreadsheets and presentations. When choosing an editor program, …
- A program for studying physics in 2D format. Download AlgodooPhysics is one of the most fundamental sciences that studies natural phenomena and the laws that underlie them. Traditionally, the study …
- Program for creating animation 2D Pivot AnimatorFor aspiring animators, it is important to understand the principles of creating animated films. In order to create a simple 2D …