Anyone who has ever worked on a laptop knows that an alternative to a standard mouse is the built-in touchpad. The so-called touchpad is a device for controlling the cursor on the monitor screen. And those who type text on the keyboard often face the problem of accidental touches on this panel. Naturally, such touches lead to unpredictable line jumps and unnecessary shifts. This is very disturbing. And the question that follows from here arises: How to disable the touchpad on a laptop? With Touchpad Blocker, a special utility, you can temporarily disable the touchpad.
How to disable touchpad?
Naturally, you can also turn off the touchpad and a standard change in settings through the control panel. In different versions of Windows, this procedure may be slightly different. So how do you disable the touchpad? In general, the usual classic shutdown procedure takes some time. And to deal with this problem, in recent versions of Windows, this is done by simply toggling the touchpad switch. But, in earlier versions of the system, this can be done by turning off the mouse cursor control devices.
But it is better and easier to do it through the special Touchpad Blocker utility.
Disable Windows touchpad
Yes, this small program will greatly facilitate the life of a simple laptop user. And in order to disable the Windows touchpad, just press one button of the running Touchpad Blocker utility. The installed program will hang invisibly in the tray. By calling the context menu, you can enable or disable the touchpad in just one second.
While typing, now the touchpad will not interfere! Also, from the utility settings menu, you can not turn off the touch panel completely. By pressing any key, you can set the timeout interval. If the keys are not pressed, then the touchpad continues to work! In fact, an incomplete shutdown expands the possibilities of working without connecting an external mouse!
The Touchpad Blocker can be run during Windows startup. It is also possible to configure hotkey combinations to turn the panel on and off.
Download Touchpad Blocker
The free utility can be downloaded from the official website using the links below. After downloading it, you need to install it on your laptop and configure it for your tasks. The running Touchpad Blocker program is available from the tray. Supported on all versions of Windows (32-bit and 64-bit), from XP to 10 (not tested on 11).
How to disable touchpad on laptop? With Touchpad Blocker
- Rainlendar Task CalendarIf you keep track of your time and the organization of your life, it is very important to have a special …
- Popular program Free Hex Editor NeoHEX file editors are an essential toolkit for developers, security professionals, and enthusiasts working with binary data. They make it possible …
- Programs for flashing EEPROM chips: Basic tools for efficient workEEPROM (Electrically Erasable Programmable Read-Only Memory) chips are important components in many electronic devices. They provide the ability to store data …
- Pin a window on top of all windows. DeskPinsWorking on the Windows operating system, you have to work with many windows. You can split the screen into two or …
- File Encryption Program Encoding Decoding FreeAs elsewhere, security issues in the electronic world are also very acute and in demand. Encoding or encryption of files is …
- Broadcasting software OBS StudioVery often, game reviewers, video bloggers or vloggers have to show their screen, namely what is happening on it. For this …