Surely every more or less experienced user has a need to temporarily turn off the screen of a PC or laptop monitor. Probably, some tasks on the computing device continue to be performed, but the screen is not needed at this moment. Then there is a need for forced shutdown using a timer or a physical button. But, for example, there is no such button on a laptop. And what to do in this case? The free program for turning off the monitor screen on a laptop Sordum Monitor Off will do this task in no time!
A program to turn off the monitor screen on a computer
We will look at the free Sordum Monitor Off program, which allows you to turn off the monitor on your computer without turning off the computer itself. This utility can be useful when you want to save energy or protect your privacy by leaving your computer on but turning off the screen. The utility works in the Windows operating system and performs fairly narrow tasks. Here we will understand how to install and use Sordum Monitor Off, as well as consider several advantages and disadvantages of this program.
A program to turn off the monitor screen on a laptop
It is important to add here that a stationary PC differs from a laptop in bulkiness, separated elements (monitor, system unit, keyboard, etc. are separate components) and the practical impossibility of working autonomously (there is no removable batteries). But functionally and programmatically in operation, they are not very different. Therefore, the program to turn off the monitor screen on laptop Sordum Monitor Off will work just as well as on a desktop computer.
Installing and using Sordum Monitor Off
So, the installation of Sordum Monitor Off is very simple and does not differ from the installation of other programs. You can download it from the official website of the developer, then run the installer and follow the instructions on the screen. Once installed, Sordum Monitor Off will appear in your Windows context menu.
To turn off the monitor, right-click on an empty area on the desktop and select “Monitor Off” from the context menu. You can also assign a hotkey to turn off the monitor to make the process easier.
The benefits of using Sordum Monitor Off
One of the main benefits of using Sordum Monitor Off is energy savings. If you will not be using your computer for some time, you can turn off the monitor to conserve power. This can lead to lower electricity bills and less environmental impact.
Another benefit is that your privacy is protected. If you are working with sensitive data and need to step away from your computer, you can turn off your monitor so no one can see your screen. This can be especially useful if you are in a public place or if you have colleagues who might accidentally see your screen.
Disadvantages of using Sordum Monitor Off
One of the disadvantages of using Sordum Monitor Off is that the program cannot turn off the monitor automatically. You must manually select “Monitor Off” from the context menu or use hotkey. This can be inconvenient if you want to set a timer to turn off the monitor automatically. In this case, you may need another program or operating system setup.
Another disadvantage is that Sordum Monitor Off cannot turn off just one monitor if you have multiple monitors connected to your computer. It will turn off all monitors connected to your computer. This can be inconvenient if you only want to turn off one monitor and not all.
In conclusion, Sordum Monitor Off is a useful utility for those who want to save energy and protect the privacy of their data by leaving the computer on, but turning it off screen. It is a free program that is easy to install and easy to use. Supported on Windows 7 – 11 versions. Despite some limitations, it is a good choice for those who are looking for a simple and effective way to turn off the monitor screen on a computer.
- Vector Graphic Editor: Dynamic Draw Flowchart ProgramAmong the many programs today, it is quite difficult to find a good option that satisfies all needs. While working or …
- Broadcasting software OBS StudioVery often, game reviewers, video bloggers or vloggers have to show their screen, namely what is happening on it. For this …
- Programs for flashing EEPROM chips: Basic tools for efficient workEEPROM (Electrically Erasable Programmable Read-Only Memory) chips are important components in many electronic devices. They provide the ability to store data …
- PC Power Management: Free Switch Power SchemeManaging your computer’s power consumption can be an important aspect of your computer’s performance and efficiency. The Windows operating system provides …
- File Encryption Program Encoding Decoding FreeAs elsewhere, security issues in the electronic world are also very acute and in demand. Encoding or encryption of files is …
- What you need to know to create your own cryptocurrencyMany have probably already understood and accepted the fact that various types of cryptocurrencies have become an integral part of the …