Today, having a laptop and the Internet at hand, sometimes you have to turn on your PC from a distance. Previously, this seemed unrealistic, but today, thanks to the development of technology and technology, it becomes possible. WakeMeOnLan, a free program for remotely turning on your computer, allows you to turn on your Windows device from anywhere in the world.
Program for turning on the computer remotely
So, WakeMeOnLan is a small free application for a computer that allows you to turn on computers on a local network that are in standby or hibernate mode using special Wake-on-LAN technologies or WOL for short. This can be useful when you are in a different location and want to turn on a remote computer on your network to access all your programs, folders, files and other resources located there.
How does WakeMeOnLan work?
WakeMeOnLan works by sending special signals to the network card of the computer you want to turn on. They are also called “magic packages”. These packets contain a unique identifier for the target PC’s MAC address, which is needed so that the remote computer’s network card can understand that it needs to go into enable mode.
In order to use the WakeMeOnLan utility correctly, you need to know for sure that the computer you want to turn on supports Wake-on-LAN technology. The second important point is that such a function must be enabled in the BIOS settings. Be sure to find out the MAC address of the PC or remote laptop that you want to include. How can I do that? For example, using the ipconfig command. This is done from the Windows command line.
How to work with WakeMeOnLan?
In order to work with WakeMeOnLan, you first need to download and install the program on your computer. After installation, run the program and you will see a list of all computers on your local network that can be turned on via Wake-on-LAN.
Select the computer you want to turn on and click the button with the following text: “Wake Up Selected Computers”. This will send a magic packet to the target personal or office computer that will cause it to enter enable mode.
If the user needs to turn on several computers at once, then they can select all of them and click a special button that says “Wake Up Selected Computers”. If you need to turn on the computer manually, then you can enter the MAC address of the PC manually and click on the button with the text “Wake Up”.
In addition, in the WakeMeOnLan settings, you can configure certain parameters, such as the port and response timeout.
Benefits of using the WakeMeOnLan program to turn on your computer remotely
One of the main advantages of using WakeMeOnLan is the ability to remotely control computers on a standard local network. In cases where you are in a different location and need to turn on a specific computer on your network, you can do this using the WakeMeOnLan utility without leaving your home. This is especially useful for network administrators and users who want to access their computers from anywhere in the world.
In addition, WakeMeOnLan can be used to save power when computers are not in use. If you don’t want to keep all computers on all the time, you can put them into standby or hibernation mode and then wake them up as needed with WakeMeOnLan.
Conclusions about the WakeMeOnLan remote PC power-on utility
It is also worth noting that WakeMeOnLan is very easy to use and does not require any special knowledge or skills. The application has an intuitive interface and the necessary functionality for quick and easy turning on computers remotely.
So, WakeMeOnLan is a useful, free, multilingual program for remotely turning on a computer, which can come in handy in various situations. It allows you to control the startup of computers in local network from anywhere in the world, save energy and save time and effort.
- Genealogical tree. Free Gramps ProgramEach of us has a family and there were our ancestors. Also, when we create a family, we continue our family. …
- Program for changing the distance between shortcuts on the desktop: Desktop Icon SpacingThe desktop is one of the most used spaces for working and organizing files these days. Many users strive to customize …
- Program for reading djvu. Download WinDjViewThere are several file formats that store text and graphic elements in a compressed state. Such files are very convenient to …
- Types of programs for working with ECU: from diagnostics to tuningElectronic control units (ECU) have become an indispensable part of modern cars, providing more efficient and environmentally friendly engine operation. These …
- Turnkey packaging of online schools: Reliable solutions for a successful educational businessNowadays, education is experiencing a real revolution, and online learning is becoming more and more popular and accessible to many. The …
- Screenshot app. Download Auto Screen CaptureCapturing or taking a screenshot of your screen is a pretty simple task: it’s not hard to save a still frame …